I have stage four renal disease and am attempting to

Question
I have stage four renal disease and am attempting to control it through diet, but I have a questions about milk or coffee creamer. Recently I gave up all nuts as I don't seem to be able to eat just ONE, but I switched to Almond milk, mostly for my coffee. My question is is this better for my disease control than whole milk. I am also a very well controlled diabetic.
IN ADDITION: Is coffee harmful to kidneys?
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care, coffee and milk controlled intake.

Detailed Answer:
Thank yo for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. In CKD of stage 4 when GFR is between 15 and 29, dietary adjustments are helpful. Protein moderate restriction and salt restriction is mainstay. Rest is individual preference which a dietitian can sort out for you. As far as coffee is concerned, you can consume it but only one or two cups a day and no more . Also milk consumption should be limited, one glass a day wont harm. Excess will put caloric burden on your body and is not recommended. Stay in touch with your nephrologist.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan