I have some pain radiating from my ear to my

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I have some pain radiating from my ear to my scalp
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cervical spondylosis and an infection to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

In my opinion, two are the most probable conditions that may cause symptoms like yours:

1- An infection of the ear or the adjacent skin

2- Cervical spondylosis ( vertebral column degenerative changes ) that may compress the upper cervical nerves.

It is necessary to get evaluated first by your primary care Doctor who can assess any local issues such an infection for example, and may order tests ( such imaging tests of your cervical spine ), in order to get a correct understanding of your condition.

In meantime, use of simple painkillers such ibuprofen and warm procedures on the affected area should help improve your condition.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.