Ask a Dentist   »  

I have smoked. Bubble of liquid on top gum appeared. What is going on?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Hi i have a bubble of liquid on my top right gum. Its on the front & back . I got it less than an hour ago. I have smoked. XXXXXX I havent eating anything i dont usually eat. I pressed against the bubble it got its round i think about 3 cm. The liquid has a strange taste not strong.
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 2 hours later

After reading your symptoms, I feel that you have developed an abscess due to infection in either your tooth or your gum. The liquid which you feel is leaking consists of pus cells and is infected. It may also be foul smelling.

I would recommend you to visit your dentist for examination. He may take an X-ray to determine the source of your infection.

If the tooth is involved then you will have to undergo root canal treatment. However, if the infection is due to gum problem then a thorough clean up along with abscess drainage will be required.

Meanwhile, it would be advisable to stop smoking as it hampers healing in the oral cavity.

Hope this answers your query. If you have any more questions, I’ll be happy to help.