I have small skin issue on my right palm that eventually grows to reddish dried cracks

I have small skin issue on my right palm. It starts out as a few small bumps about the area of a dime, and grows to the size of a quarter, gets reddish and dries and cracks the skin. My doctor prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP and it worked for a while, but left a small pattern on the skin, and then the problem resurfaced in a little different area near the first spot. Then I started using Aquafor and it keeps it from cracking but does not heal it. Is there any cure? My doctor does not have an answer. Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: pompholyx is possible Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I have read your query and understood your concern. It seems you are having a skin condition known as pompholyx. It is a type of eczema characterized by itchy lesions , usually fluid filled , which heals with drying and scaling of the skin of the involved part. I will like to know are the lesions itchy? Are they fluid filled or simply itchy bumps? Kindly send me the pics of the fresh lesions if possible so that i can actually visualize the lesions and suggest you to my best. Kindly reply to my questions with the pic. Good luck.
Follow-up: I have small skin issue on my right palm that eventually grows to reddish dried cracks 3 hours later
I wrote a followup but got no indication it got to you, so will rewrite. I will also try to send a picture, maybe reply to the email notice I received from you. It starts our on pure white skin as tiny white bumps on an area the size of a dime, then spreads out up to size of a quarter, starts to get scales and shows color. If untreated will get dryer and the skin will crack. There are never any blisters or itching. I use Aquaphor to keep it in check. I looked up Pompholyx on line and my hand does not act or look like that.Hi again, Maybe you could tell me how to go about sending the picture you asked for. There are no prompts for this on your site. Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Hand eczema Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome again. I have read your reply and have seen the attached pic also. Thanks for attaching the pic. I could appreciate some red colored lesions on your palm. The pic is little blurred. based on your history and the lesions i could appreciate, it seems to be hand eczema to me. Hand eczema are of different types and have variable presentation. They can be unilateral or bilateral. Usually itchy but at times may be asymptomatic. Hand eczema is a highly recurrent condition. It usually gets aggravated / precipitated by dryness. For the treatment, during acute episodes , moderate to high potency topical steroids are adviced as your doctor has correctly prescribed you. For preventing the recurrent episodes to some extent, good amount of moisturizers should be applied 3-4 times a day preferably on semi wet skin. Otherwise, hand eczema is a bothersome condition with frequent recurrences. I will advice you to put good amount of moisturizer regularly on both hands. I hope i am able to solve your query. if you have further query , you may ask me . Else you may close the discussion and rate it. Good luck.