I have sinusitis. Painful when eyebrows is pressed. Which specialist should I consult?

Hello. I started to feel it very painful when i press with the finger above my eyebrows. I have sinusitis. One day I was massaging my forehead and the zone above eyebrows was very painful. I pressed harder and I felt like a little little bubble burst. It felt very small.. A few days after I was massaging again and I felt other two bubbles that burst while pressing on that zone. They felt very little and the noise was also very low.
I got cured of sinusitis a few years ago with antibiotics, sprays, injections,procedures(like warming and laser) and they didn't help . Sprays just make it worse when I stop using them. I can breathe only through one nostril..sometimes it is the right one, sometimes is the left one. I was also told that i have dilated eye veins by one eye doctor. I consulted another and he said i don't . I don't know if i have dilated eye veins, but I have very sensitive eyes. Computer and light make my eyes red and painful and they get tears from pain. When i look around the roots of my eyes hurt very bad. I get very swollen eyes in the morning.
I am not sure what causes the pain above my eyebrows.. the sinusitis or eyes. I don't want to get antibiotics because they don't help me. I have taken them for years and my condition is the same. Actually it has gotten worse now with this pain above my eyebrows( it hurts only when I press with the finger, I don't have a headache most of the times). If i go to a doctor to what doctor should I go? Truthfully, Is there anything natural that will really cure sinusitis or only a intervention can help?? What is your advice? What do you think I have?
Thank you for advice.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The dilated eye vein,what mentioned by one of the doctor could be a temporary condition which would have been disappeared when the second doctor examined.Such condition usually is seen due to vasculitis or any other blood vessel disease affecting the smaller blood vessels.

The redness in the eye and the tearing are not related to so doubted dilated vein of the eye and could be due to conjunctival irritation.

The symptoms you mention, specially no continuous headache and tenderness over the eyebrows make me to strongly consider the sinusitis being the lone problem here.

Yes, you are right in saying taking more antibiotics will worsen the condition but not help.It is surgical intervention which is essential here.Resection of sinus mucosa is what is needed now.

I suggest you to consult a ENT and an OMF (Oro maxillo facial surgeon) an integrated approach by both would be necessary to formulate a better and specific treatment for your condition.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: I have sinusitis. Painful when eyebrows is pressed. Which specialist should I consult? 9 hours later
Thank you for making it so clear for me. Is there anything I can do for my eyes not to be sensitive to certain lights?
I also need to find out how much will a intervention cost (approximately) so that i know when I can start. Is the intervention risky? Is good health guaranteed after having it or is not 100% sure?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Refresh Eye drops applied 2 to 3 drops two times a day will help you get rid of the conjunctival congestion.

The procedure cost is different in different hospitals based on the technique and instruments they use.I would ask you to visit the nearest or the hospital of your choice and ask for the cost.

The cure as in my experience when the surgery is done properly is around 90%.The symptoms do vanish within days of the surgery.

Wish you good health.