I have severe pain on the left side of the

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have severe pain on the left side of the neck. It comes then goes. Pain is like a charley horse. Wondering what the issue is?
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
The pan could be posture related or due to a muscle spasm. Though self limiting, it need not be underestimated.
All you need to do is correct your posture habits, like appropriate neck position while working on computer, avoiding pillow while sleeping, or while making sudden movements.

I assure you this discomfort will go away unless you do something to aggravate it in your routine. You can even do neck isometric exercises, which you can learn from a physiotherapist near you.
You may benefit from hot fomentation and frequent stretch breaks at work.

If it still fails to subside have it examined and investigated by your Orthopaedician soon.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal