I have severe headache on right side of my head in a small area inspite of using Panadol and Nurophen

Hi, I have just returned from my fathers funeral which I do not think is the reason as he lived to 86 and had a good life. While I was away I started getting pain on my right side of my head in a small area, nearly at the top and radiating down to my ear. Not all the time but the pain seems to be mostly coming from my head, it doesn't feel like a normal headache. I saw a doctor after three days of pain taking Panadol when I was away and he said to take Nurophen and that the ear was not infected. I have been taking Nurophen and panadol togetherI and still have the pain when the tablets wear off. It has been another four days. No change. What is it and what should I do?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that there can be amny reasons for this and no way we can pin point as to what can lead to it but still we can discuss the possibilities . Since you tell that it is localised so one important condition to be ruled out remains Giant cell arteritis . It can be seen with high frequency in people with your age . Next is hypertension needs to be ruled out . A thyroid level estimation along with possibility of migraine does exist . A detailed history will be the most vital thing in this respect , I am sure your treating doctor is evaluating you thoroughly . You can discuss all these options with him. Take care. Dr. Shruti