I have scalp psoriasis. Used cortico steroid and then coal tar. Scalp started itching. Should I stop using medicine?

I have scalp psoriasis. I had visited a skin specialist and he had prescribed a cortico steroid and then coal tar. This was 3 years ago. The results were good. But now the scalp has started itching again. Can I use Cutisoft for the same?
Also I continue to use Coal Tar daily. Is there side effects of doing that? Should I stop using Coal Tar?

Me and my wife are trying to have a baby. Will my using any corticosteroid impact the foetus?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
Yes, you can use cutisoft and coal-tar for psoriasis.

If cutisoft alone is able to treat and relieve symptoms, then no need to use coal tar.

Using corticosteroids will not affect foetus, no need to worry.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.