I have primary antibody deficiency. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Not cured by medication. Alternate cure?

I am a 33 year old female with a primary antibody deficiency. Although a gp diagnosed me with fibromyalgia prior to this, i would be more inclined to believe the stiffness etc was caused by this misdiagnosis for several years. my concern at the mo is the constant need to crack my neck and sometimes further down my spine. my gp has me on amitriptyline for the last few years to help me sleep and more recently has me trying robaxin, but i find them of little comfort
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
As I understand it, I believe your current concern is stiffness in your neck and back ( please do correct me if I am wrong). Its unlikely that the primary antibody deficiency is causing these symptoms. There can be several causes of the stiffness including a nutritional deficiency, wrong posture, excessive weight, lack of exercise, an arthritis, autoimmune disorders and fibromyalgia.
To help your further, I would need answers to a few questions:
a. Since when do you have this issue?
b. What is your height and weight? Do you exercise
c. Is the stiffness associated with pain? If yes, does the pain get worse with some particular posture?
d. Do you have any other symptoms that I may be missing?
e. What do you do professionally?
f. How much milk/calcium sources do you take daily?
g. Have any investigations been done for you? If yes, what were the reports?

Awaiting your reply