I have passed a white piece of tissue with my menstrual cycle, what could it be?

Question
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 20 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX

A white piece of tissue in your menstrual cycle may be because of shedding of uterine wall as a whole. (Normally menstruation occurs because of shedding of uterine wall).
This finding is normal in your menstruation. So you don't worry.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr. Richa

Follow-up: I have passed a white piece of tissue with my menstrual cycle, what could it be? 29 minutes later
Thankyou for your reply, did you look at my picture?
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 23 minutes later

Yes, I have seen your picture. Please don't worry. It is only because of shedding of endometrium (I know you are thinking this is fetal tissue but it is not).

If you do not have any clarification you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Dr.Richa