I have pain on the back of my leg and

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have pain on the back of my leg and the inside of my thigh just above my knee, it sometimes radiates down to my ankle. the pain is more of a dull ache mostly in the calf area. It gets worse when I drive and it comes on sudden.
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
sciatica / lumbar disc prolapse

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.

Such kind of pain that does not go away even after taking ibuprofen suggests
that there may be a partial or complete inflammation of the nerves in the lower back region that may be the root cause of such kind of pain.This condition is called SCIATICA

Another possibility is of a LUMBAR DISC PROLAPSE.There may be a compressed a nerve in the spine somewhere that might be causing radiating pain in the hip,thigh and the ankle regions.

I suggest you get an Xray as well as an MRI of the lumbar spine done to find out the exact cause.

Physiotherapy,analgesics,anti-inflammatory like tramadol,paracetamol and pregabalin and methylcobalamin tablets should help till then.

Application of local analgesic gel with hot fomentation may help reduce the extent of pain.

Do get back to me after ur reports are ready.

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.

Thank you.
Kind regards.