I have overused bioidentical progesterone cream for few month. Now feeling dizzy. Related?

hi, thank you for taking the time to talk to me, I have been suffering from 24/7 dizziness for 7 months and have seen every doctor you can think of. I did a high amount of bio-identical progesterone cream 7 months ago and have been dizzy since... and over time its gotten worse...

Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

The overuse of a bioidentical cream of progesterone 7 months ago is not likely to cause a persistent dizziness even after so many months.

The other causes of persistent dizziness are high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cervical spondylitis, anemia, and low blood sugar, use of sedatives, tranquilizers and antidepressants, electrolyte imbalances, thyroid hormone disturbances, diabetes, middle ear disease.

Uncommon reasons can be due to brain reasons or arrhythmias and cardiomyopathies.

My purpose of telling you the causes is so that you don't take your symptoms lightly and consult your doctor and get yourself physically examined along with various investigations.

I hope you understand.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.