I have occasional problem of frequent urination.

I have occasional problem resulting in frequent urination. This happens maybe once in a week or two weeks

Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

An occasional problem of frequent urination may be safely neglected. Also, your age of 45 years is too early to have an urological problem like BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia), though it cannot be totally ruled out.

Frequent urination can have multiple reasons. However, to ascertain any of the possible reasons we need to have your ultrasound scan of the abdomen with post-void residual urine done along with a routine urine examination.

Once the above tests have been done we may be in a position to advise you further.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.