I have noticed a greyish spot on the head of my penis

Jul 2016

About 2 weeks ago or so I noticed a grayish spot on the right side of the head of my penis(on the corona)It is tiny about 1cm. It does not itch or hurt at all.and it does not look like a blister either..It is smooth to the touch not bumpy;I am worried because I notice it's getting bigger...I am 46...and I am not a promiscuous person...A picture is attached"
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It looks to be due to Oedema of the skin. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts and photograph that you have posted it appears that you have swelling (Oedema) of the penile skin. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Did you have unprotected, dry sex before you noticed this? This is localised oedema of the penile skin at coronal sulcus. You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily. Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily. This should get cured within a week. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: I have noticed a greyish spot on the head of my penis 6 hours later
yes I had unprotected sex with my partner that I have been with for a year but this was the first time i noticed this. Do I have to go get a drs prescription for the antiobiotics and will and anti inflammatory drugs. is there any over the counter product that I could obtain?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get priscription from your family Physician Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up, Since these are scheduled drugs they are available only on proscription of a registered medical practitioner.Please get prescription from your family Physician. Thanks and regards. Dr.Patil..