I have noticeable veins on right temple. Is it dangerous?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have protuding veins on my right temple that I never noticed before.Is that dangerous? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
A noticeable vein in the temple is enough to cause distress.
Commonly such visible veins are seen due to a raised blood pressure, anger, anxiety, cardiac problems like heart failure, etc.
Whenever you are angry, there is raised blood pressure, more of the blood goes to head and neck and similarly more of it is drained back making the vein to prominent.
If there are no other symptoms like palpitation, tachycardia, breathlessness, swelling of feet, etc then this is likely to be a benign symptom and is not worrisome.
You can self monitor yourself for any of the above symptoms and in case the prominent vein persist then you can get yourself examined from your physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.