I have locally advanced pancreatic cancer, I have a feeding

Question
I have locally advanced pancreatic cancer, I have a feeding tube because I have no appetite and take pain pills. 8 weeks ago I had a pet scan that showed a complete metabolic response which indicated no cancer. I understand imaging test can sometimes not see small cancer cells. I am on chemo and I now I get belly pain at times that seem like trapped gas because it floats to my back. My pancreas shows no tumor from any scan and CT and MRI only shows cancer in tissue around the arteries. Very mysterious. I am wondering if my belly pain is caused from the cancer and how is belly pain caused by pancreatic cancer.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. The causes can be many

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I understand your concern. So the causes of your pain can be many. Small cancerous tissues around blood vessels can cause traction on surrounding tissues causing pain. Chemotherapy induced bowel.dysfunction is another cause of pain. Reduced immunity may lead to occult viral.and bacterial gut infection and also can lead to abdominal pain
Visit your physician for a clinical examination to narrow down the cause.
Feel free to ask further
Best regards

Follow-up: I have locally advanced pancreatic cancer, I have a feeding 14 hours later
Dr XXXXXXX how significant is a complete metabolic response regarding cancer tissue around arteries from a PET scan?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It portends a good response to treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. It is an indicator of good response to treatment. However, the tumor cells are only metabolically inactice for sometime , hence not seen on pet, but they remain dormant and later proliferate.
Thanks.

Follow-up: I have locally advanced pancreatic cancer, I have a feeding 27 minutes later
Dr XXXXXXX I intend to have surgery. Can the cancer be cured?
Follow-up: I have locally advanced pancreatic cancer, I have a feeding 12 minutes later
I hope you can find some encouragement

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello.it depends upon your initial stage

Detailed Answer:
Hello again. So if the tumor was locoregional and it has shown good response to treatment, surgery can be taken upon.
Thanks and regards