I have irritating white discharge. What should I do?

i am having regular white discharge for past few months also my vagina irritates frequently after consulting doctor he told me its due to viral infection in womb before i gaved birth of a pre mature child of five and half month baby. The doctor has prescribed medicine ( Tag kit, Tablet corox, Canplex, Cansoft, Tablet Buffet ) but still my illness has not been cured fully and my body too also ache most of the time so kindly advise me for the best treatment
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Follow-up: I have irritating white discharge. What should I do? 5 minutes later
the doctor has advised me to give birth a child as soon as possible else there might be problem in getting pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later

I would to like to know a few more things which will help me to suggest you better:

1.Do you have white thick, curd like discharge?
2.Do you have any itching,redness etc?
3.Did you get any tests done?
4.Did you suffer with any infections of the womb in the past and got treated?
5.Did you suffer with fever, pelvic pain, difficulty in conception in the past?
6.May I know the reason for the pre-mature delivery?

Awaiting your reply for a better perspective on the answer.
Follow-up: I have irritating white discharge. What should I do? 13 hours later
Yes, I have white thick curd like discharge also i have itching redness etc
Follow-up: I have irritating white discharge. What should I do? 54 minutes later
No, i havent done any test
No, i havent suffer with any infections of the womb in the nor did i got any treatment
No, i didnt suffer with fever, pelvic pain, difficulty in conception in the past.
The reason behind the pre mature delivery is that i consumed phenyl by mistake and my health got worsned nearly five months before after that i have been suffering from asthma, running nose, wheezing, sneezing, cough. Recently i got treatment for asthma right now my health condition is quite better than before but not fully cured.
In November and December month I had heavy discharge of brown and cream thick curd like discharge also it itches while discharging, it started right after i got expelled of pre mature child and currently the same discharge have started again during my period and today is the fourth day of my period and right now there is no visibility of bleeding. From the time i got expelled my periods are irregular
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 57 minutes later
Thanks for the reply.
It seems to be that you have a yeast infection.It is common during pregnancy or diabetes etc.You have been taking treatment along the correct path but if you are having recurrent infection then you should have some blood tests done to rule out diabetes.

First,you should see your doctor and get a vaginal swab test.If it tests positive for yeast then get tested for high blood sugar.Also I would advise you to get an ultrasound to rule out PCOS that may be an underlying cause for high blood sugar/irregular menses.

After all these tests come back,we will get a better idea of what the problem is.

If your blood sugar is high and not being treated then repeated infection may occur.

I suggest you see your doctor/gynaecologist about this.

Follow-up: I have irritating white discharge. What should I do? 21 hours later
dear Doctor can i have sexual intercourse or oral sex with my husband and is masturbation harmful also what will be the best time for getting pregnant as the doctor i have been consulting has advised me to born a baby as soon as possible, and is there any precaution i should take while having sexual intercourse kindly advise me regarding this
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later

Firstly I do not think that yeast infection has any relation with infertility.But if you are diagnosed with PCOS then fertility may be an issue.I repeatedly urge you to get the blood sugar checked.

On another note,I would advise the infection be treated completely before you have sexual intercourse.There is no absolute contraindication but that is my point of view.Masturbation is not harmful either.Use a condom to avoid infecting your partner.As for the best time for conception,with regular cycles,the fertile days occur in most women between day 12-17.Intercourse during this time is optimal.
Again I stress,you need to rule out PCOS and confirm ovulation.