I have insonia, what can I do ? Which drugs would be good?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am with insonia, what can I do ?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Insomnia is commonly caused due to stress and anxiety. If the insomnia is long standing then medical treatment is needed. You need to consult your physician to find out if you are having difficulty in falling asleep or there is early morning insomnia. After ruling out all the organic causes he can prescribe you a mild sedative with minimal day time sedation best suitable for you.
You can try these simple measures to help you fall asleep-
1.Practice relaxation exercises like yoga, breathing exercises.
2. Take the milk of XXXXXXX seeds at night before going to bed.
3.Indulge yourself in mild exercise during the day.
4.Stick to a regular sleeping schedule.
5. Try hot foot bath before going to sleep.
6. Decrease intake of tea and coffee specially do not take caffeine after 4.00 PM
7.Try to go to bed at the same time every night, and get up at the same time each morning. This includes weekends.
8. Block out surrounding environmental noise.
9.Avoid napping in the afternoon.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Follow-up: I have insonia, what can I do ? Which drugs would be good? 12 hours later
Dear Dr,

and what if I took some drugs, which drugs would be good ? you know drugs I can buy in pharmacy without prescription.

best regards,
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 hours later
Thanks for writing again.

For the drug treatment of insomnia, you must consult your physician as self medication is often XXXXXXX

These drugs should not be taken without a medical supervision. Your doctor may decide that the benefits outweigh the risks in individual circumstances and after a careful assessment of your specific health situation can prescribe these to you.

Hope my answer is helpful.