I have heard on t.v. about a problem called nets

Endocrinologist
Question
I have heard on t.v. about a problem called nets I have had bowel problems since 1999 after radiation and I am wondering if this could possibly be the problem as I have lost 8 kgs in less than 2 months
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About NET;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Neuroendocrine tumor is a rare pathology but should be taken into consideration in patients with chronic diarrhea, flushing, weight loss ( you didn't mention your symptoms).
There are some tumor markers sensitive in diagnosing it (chromogranine A, 5-HIAA,, serotonin e ect) that we check when the doubt for NET exists.
You should discuss with your treating physician about them.
Hope the information will help.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta