I have had irritated eyes for two or three weeks.

Question
I have had irritated eyes for two or three weeks. There are fluid-filled bags under my eyes. My eyes feel scratchy. I have had a couple instances of blured vision. I have had allergy in my eyes before but this feels different. There is no itching. I take Restasis drops for dry eye, but they do not seem to help lately.
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Irritated eyes for 2 to 3 weeks is most likely allergic in nature.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing in with your health concern.

I have read your question in detail.

In my opinion it is still allergic. If it was due to either bacterial or viral infection, it would have gotten worse and painful.

You need anti allergy eye drops and you will have to get them prescribed from your local doctor.

For the time being you can take benadryl if you have.

Keep your eyes moist by continuing Restasis.

Please consult your eye doctor and get it treated.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Best regards