Ask a Urologist   »  

I have had a penis discharge for approximately 10 days

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have had a penis discharge for approximately 10 days and it is light to XXXXXXX in color. Little burning too. Up 2/3 times a night to urinate. Have had a urine test at an urgent care center which come back negative.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to enlarged Prostate associated with infection .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Umber colored discharge with frequent urination at night (Nocturia) and burning urination is most likely due to Enlarged Prostate associated with infection (Prostatitis ) and needs to be investigated .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Swab test and culture of urethral discharge

In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Cefotaxime and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with Tomsulosin once daily later on on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.