I have got affected with 6th cranial nerve palsy thrice

Question
I have got affected with 6th cranial nerve palsy thrice in the last 1 year causing double vision. Whenever double vision occured, steroids were given for short course (15 days) for remedy. I have been treated by several Drs, taken several tests (MRI plain and contrast, Lumbar puncture, ANA profile etc.) and constantly consuming medicines(Tryptomer 10, HCQS 200) as prescribed. Last palsy attack occurred 2 month back. All the tests came out negative except following, Intra cranial pressure, ANA-Immunofluresnce (IF) Homogenous is 1:320 (positive) and ESR (ANA) is 42 (normal 0-20). Not sure if it is due to medicine, every day I have nausea, headache and pain around eyes continuously. Nothing has been diagnosed specific so far. Please help me if this can be treated permanently by Homeopathy.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol is all you need

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I do not think it to be an effect from the medicines. Rather you could be suffering from a viral infection and that could be responsible for the entire presentation including the pain around the eyes, nausea and headache. In case of viral infections there is no specific finding in the blood tests and the very fact that nothing has been found, points to a viral cause. Irrespective of treatment such infections last for 5-7 days and I would insist you to be patient. Doing anything including homeopathy would just bring peace of your mind but will not have an actual effect. The ailment will resolve on its own. Please be patient. Take paracetamol when needed.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: I have got affected with 6th cranial nerve palsy thrice 18 hours later
Thank you Doctor for your response. I have few followup questions.

1. Do you think viral infection is the cause for my suffering (cranial nerve palsy, double vision, right side headache, eye pain and dizziness) for past 1 year?
2. Does these following abnormalities as mentioned earlier such as inclined Intra cranial pressure, ANA-Immunofluresnce (IF) Homogenous is 1:320 (positive) and ESR (ANA) is 42 (normal 0-20) signifies anything serious?
3. Suspected Viral infection could be specific to cranial nerve or viral infection in any part of the body?
4. Is there any specific tests that you could suggest to identify what viral infection that I have?
5. You mentioned the ailment will resolve on its own. However, how long do you think I should wait and then should be worried about?

Thanks, XXXXXXX Vijay

Brief Answer:
You would need to be patient

Detailed Answer:
1. Yes
2. Indicate some immunological activity undergoing. We need not jump to conclusions at the moment. Further testing and clinical correlation would be subsequently needed.
3. Yes. However, the mentioned immunological phenomenon could also have a role to play.
4. No
5. Hard to predict. Usually in a week or two. If it lasts longer (undiminished), would call for further thoughts. Steroid therapy would be the next step to consider.