I have frequent urination at night (not is daytime). I

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have frequent urination at night (not is daytime). I have to get up every 2 hours and last night I had to get up 3 times at just 1 hour apart. I also have very dry mouth at night and sometimes during the day. do I need to see a doctor about this? I am female and 87 years old and in otherwise good health. this is been going on for a couple of years but seems to be getting worse.
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nocturia.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone very carefully through your query.
Common causes of nocturia in elderly female are a urinary tract infection or bladder infection other possible cause can be caused by prolapse of the bladder.As things are there from years it can be due to prolapse of bladder also.

Suggestion-
Get a urine test and ultrasound abdomen done.Ultrasound would rule out prolapse of bladder even if its mild.
Till time tests are done drink plenty of water.

Follow up with reports.
Thanks!