I have felt nauseous since about 11am. I had big

Cardiologist
Question
I have felt nauseous since about 11am. I had big breakfast. Nausea off and on most of the day. Decided to check blood pressure . Left arm 167/83. Right arm 158/93. I am on valsartan 80mg a day. I have gained some weight. I weigh 167 Nd 74 years old.
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms seem to be caused by uncontrolled high blood pressure, as your actual blood pressure values are high.

Being overweight can cause such raise in blood pressure values.

Regarding the difference in blood pressure values between two arms, this is a normal finding, related to the anatomy of blood vessels in both arms.

Coming to this point, making some changes to your actual therapy is necessary to have a better control of blood pressure.

In this regard, increasing the dose of valsartan up to 160 mg daily as a single dose, would be a reasonable option.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri