I have eye pain, pain around the eye, jaw pain and headache

Question
hello, I have eye pain, pain around the eye (left side), jaw pain and sometimes headache for more than a week now. Now we can see the vein under my left eye too. I will have an MRI in a few days. but I am a little bit worried. Can it be dangerous?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Require Investigations Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern. This kind of pain can be due to : 1. Jaw Claudication 2. Temporal Arteritis. 3. Local eye cause. I would like to know following: 1. Any severe headache associated? 2. Any burning sensation in head? 3. Any fever? 4. Weight loss? 5. Nausea or vomiting associated? I would suggest you following : 1. Local Examination of Eye. 2. ESR 3. Blood pressure measurement in both arms. If your MRI Brain is due get it done , also get the above advised investigations. Reply with questions I have asked you. Stay Healthy.

Follow-up: I have eye pain, pain around the eye, jaw pain and headache 33 minutes later
Thank you, I have headache sometimes (but I don't think severe). The left side is now more swollen (Especially the jaw). Any burning sensation in head? 3. Any fever? No fever, but my left side jaw feels hot 4. Weight loss? No 5. Nausea or vomiting associated? No What is an ESR? I had a radio a few months ago of the sinus (when I started to have pain on my left eye) at the otorynolaryngologist but they didn't see anything and the pain stopped after a week. The eye doctor didn't see anything (only that I need glasses) so now I focus on a neurologist. Should I? thank you for your help and advice!!

Brief Answer: Detail Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. I don't think it is related to Sinusitis. Jaw Claudication and temporal arteritis is still a possibility. Get the investigations i have advised. ESR is Erythrocyte Sedimentation rate. It is a cheap blood test and a marker of inflammation. Its is very high in Temporal Arteritis. I would be really very happy to hear from you with these investigations. Stay Healthy

Follow-up: I have eye pain, pain around the eye, jaw pain and headache 11 minutes later
I will let you know asap

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Good luck Detailed Answer: Wish you all the best. I wish you a disease free life. Good Luck.