I have dry itchy spot on back. What treatment should be done?

Question
dry itchy spot I have a dry itchy spot on my back I'm 39 years old I'm a Y and I'm 5'10 277 pounds
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 34 minutes later
Dear,

Dry itchy spots are commonly caused by localised eczema / fungal infection.

With the limited information provided, it is difficult to comment more about the condition. I suggest you should see Dermatologist who will examine you and if necessary do some tests like taking the scraping from the lesion to check for spores which usually present in fungal infection. He will prescribe you with adequate topical cream and ointment.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I have missed any of your concerns.

Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee

Follow-up: I have dry itchy spot on back. What treatment should be done? 47 minutes later
it doesn't hurt just once in a while it itches its been there for awhile the dry scab comes off real easy
and the scab is white

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later
Dear,

Thank you for your reply.

Most likely the lesion has been infected due to scratching. This is called impetigo. You need antibiotic for that.

I think you should see the dermatologist for the treatment.

Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee