I have completely lost my sex drive. Is this any medical condition?

Hi, I have been ill for 8 years and in this time I have completely lost my sex drive - my partner is about to leave me - but I just have zero sex drive, could this be part of my medical issues (see medical history)?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 28 days later
Brief Answer: Multiple causes in your case Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Loss of sex drive (loss of libido) can be a result of following psychological or physical causes: Psychological causes: These include stress, anxiety and depression. Physical causes: Include neurological disorders, vitamin deficiency, obesity, alcoholism, drug abuse, hormonal imbalances, diabetes, hypertension, blood vessel disease, side effects of medicines and chronic medical illnesses. In your case following conditions may lead to loss of sexual drive: -Side effect of steroids (Prednisolone) -Obesity -Chronic medical illness: sleep apnea, hyperuricemia, psoriasis, chronic inflammation and arthritis -Stress due to above issues I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,