I have cold allergy and I keep sneezing in intervals

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
I have cold allergy and I keep sneezing in intervals throughout the day, less in office, more at my hostel or other homes. I have self assessed that I'm allergic to dust. I have noted that the medicines given while I'm sick, which includes fever, cough, cold, etc, by taking anti biotics relieve my cold for a few days. The season is getting cold here.
Could you help me in getting a relief as medicines given cause temporary relief only
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of allergic rhinitis is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of allergic rhinitis is more important.
Best treatment for allergic rhinitis is intranasal spray containing steroid (fluticasone).
Oral combination of antihistamine (fexofenadine) and anti allergic (montelukast) drugs once a day at night is also beneficial.
Since all these are prescribed drugs, you have to consult doctor for this.
Please let me know if you have taken intranasal spray before.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.

Follow-up: I have cold allergy and I keep sneezing in intervals 21 minutes later
I have used Otrivin a couple of times which helped me in relieving the cold blockage on nose. What area of doctor should I follow up on?

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should consult ENT doctor or allergy specialist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Better not to take otrivin because it is habit forming and not good for allergic rhinitis.
Fluticasone nasal spray is best for your condition.
Hope I have solved your query. If you are not having further queries, then please close the conversation and rate my answer.
You can ask me directly on bit.ly/askdrkaushalbhavsar. Wish you good health. Thanks.