Ask a Urologist   »  

I have blood when I urine and feel very tired

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have blood when I urine and feel very tired I'm 64 I also diabetic
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to Enlarged Prostate .Needs to investigate .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Blood in urine after the age of 60 years is usually due to Enlarged Prostate and needs to be investigated .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.