I have been onHydroxychoroquine Sulfatee and read that it will

Ophthalmologist
Question
I have been onHydroxychoroquine Sulfatee and read that it will affect my eyes. I have a problem with light sensitivity. It says that it can hurt the retina and cornea. How can I know for sure? The Dr has never said anything along these lines
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Retinal examination required.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
The retinal examination is mandatory in patients who are on this drug for long duration, especially if you have visual symptoms.
On your next visit to the doctor,ask for a referral for retina specialist.If there are any changes,the drug is to to be stopped or changed.
Be alert and get your retina examined.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard..