I have been having cold sweats both at night and

Excellent

Question
I have been having cold sweats both at night and now in the day. The one I just had lasted about 45min and my skin was cool and clammy. There is no pain involved.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hypoglycemia

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns, temporary attacks of cold clammy sweats can be a sign of hypoglycemia or hypotension. So, I would recommend that you follow up on your blood glucose level and your blood pressure when you experience these attacks.

If hypoglycemia was encountered then your diabetes control medications dose will need an adjustment. if hypotension was encountered then could be reversed with lifestyle modification such as more physical activity and increasing sodium content in diet.

Another cause could be thyroid hormonal imbalance so if the above causes are excluded then I would recommend that you get a blood test if T3, T4 and TSH.

i hope I answered your question..