Ask a Urologist   »  

I have been feeling like I need to pee constantly, when i don't really have to. Do I have a UTI?

i have been feeling like i need to pee constantly, when i don't really have to. do i have a uti?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 9 minutes later

An urge to pee constantly without really having to, indicates an irritation in the lower urinary passage that may or may not be due to infection. It could also be due to tiny stone.

You can go in for a routine urine examination that may reveal an infection or crystals due to a stone. I would suggest you drink 3-4 litres of water a day and see if the problem clears up.

I hope, my answer helps. If you have any follow up queries, do get back. Otherwise please accept the answer.