I have been extremely fatigued and weak. CBC test showed low WBC, thyroid test normal and neutrophils high. Cause?

I have been extremely fatigued? To the point that it is hard to walk from my office to the car. I am a MS patient. My primary order a cbc. wBC is 2.3, lymphocytes are 7.7, monocytes are 16.3. He is unsure and doesn't know why the WBC is low. I feel so weak.
Also, my thyroid tests were within normal ranges. Neutrophils were a little high at 70.4. Absolute lymphocytes were low at 0.2.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 38 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your health concerns.

It would be important to make sure that the white count is not related to poor bone marrow production, either due to nutritional deficiency, medications, an autoiimune process or even perhaps malignancy. Other tests, including a peripheral blood morphology and perhaps a bone marrow biopsy, along with consultation with hematologist, might be indicated.

Hope this is useful, wish you the best health

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic Rochester