I have been experiencing numbness on forehead and lips from

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I have been experiencing numbness on forehead and lips from past fewdays. Along with tingling all over body. I also have mild headache. Also feel photosensitivity in eyes when in office. Also feel numbness in legs, arms and feet some times. I met a neurologist and showed him MRI report. MRI was clean . so he said all this could be due to anxiety. But I feel these are real physical symptoms not due to anxiety as I don't feel tense. I was b 2 deficient. My level was 193 pg/ml last month took 4 methylcobalamin shots it went now up to 2000 pg/ml. These symptoms keep on increasing. Can this be sideeffects of methylcobalamin ?
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a Neurosurgeon Undergo Nerve Conduction Studies

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

Your Symptoms are
1. Numbness on forehead
2. Numbness on Lips
3. Tingling all over body
4. Headache
5. Photosensitivity
6. Numbness in legs,
7. Numbness in arms and feet

You have taken Methylcobalamin Injection and the symptoms are increasing.

This can be due to
1. Deficiencies of Other Vitamins like B6
2. Other causes of Neuropathy like Diabetes

How to Proceed
1. You need to consult a Neurosurgeon
2. Undergo Complete Blood Investigation including all Vitamins
3. Undergo Nerve Conduction Studies

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno