I have been diagnosed with Palm Plantar Pustuole Psoriasis (spelling

Dermatologist
Question
I have been diagnosed with Palm Plantar Pustuole Psoriasis (spelling ?). My left palm has some pustuoles and a lot of skin cracking. It never stops being painful. I have also lost the entire fingernail on my right finger of my left hand and a partial nail loss on my left foot big toe. I have been living with this for over 7 years now, with no acceptable treatment options. I had been taking Zetia (not the generic) for about 12 years; then, my cardiologist switched me to Crestor, which I took for, I think, about 2 years. My blood work showed increased liver enzymes, so I was taken off Crestor and put on Lipitor (5 mg). I am not sure, but I feel the absence of taking the Zetia improved my skin condition. Just recently, my doctor added Zetia 10mg (along with 5mg of Lipitor) and I am almost certain my skin condition has gotten worse. Could Zetia be a contributing factor to my skin and nail issues?
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Zetia can cause worsening of psoriasis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints.
There are not many direct reports of worsening of psoriasis with zetia but rarely it has been seen that cholesterol lowering agents like zetia can worsen psoriasis.
Dr Asmeet