I have an itchy rash on lower legs. I within

Dermatologist
Question
I have an itchy rash on lower legs. I within the last six months had blood clots on left lung and was told such was due to not wearing support hose while flying. I recently was on flights totaling about ten hours but with very tight support hose. After arriving home have had itchy red rash on lower legs. I have a cream called Triamcinolone Acetonide on hand. Is it safe and recommended that I use it before bedtime to relieve the itching and raised red rash? I am 91 years old in good health except for rash. I will not be able to see my VA dermatologist for a week but need some treatment before that. Your advice , PLEASE?
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can apply triamcinolone acetonide cream, take antihistaminic tablet

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints.
You can definitely use triamcinolone acetonide cream on the affected areas of the legs once daily at bedtime.
If your itching persists you can take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg at bedtime.
Dr Asmeet