I have a sudden onset of painful throat

I have a sudden and I mean sudden painful throat (Adams apple). Very painful to swallow. Not a cold or illness. It started in 5 minutes.
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibly due to allergic pharyngitis Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Sudden onset of pain in the neck especially with swallowing without any history of foreign body impaction could be due to allergic pharyngitis. Exposure to unknown allergen causes such pain and difficulty in swallowing Following would be helpful 1. Warm saline gargling : Add two spoon of common table salt to glass of lukewarm water. Gargle throat with it twice a day 2. Antihistamines like Cetrizine or Pheniramine maleate will be beneficial. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
Follow-up: I have a sudden onset of painful throat 26 minutes later
Its not the sore throat .. like sick its the bones right below the XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hard to explain. Thanks
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Warm Saline gargling will help Detailed Answer: Hi greeting If the symptoms have not been preceded by ingestion of anything which could be impacted then there is no cause for concern. Try saline gargling and it will definitely help. Take care best regards Dr T Shobha