I have a problem with my right foot.I can walk

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have a problem with my right foot.I can walk on it, but after about a hour of being on it and I sit down its sore. The outside of it burns and across the inside arch if it's bent has sharp stabbing pain. When I go to stand on it at any time throughout the day it takes a minute for my foot to stop hurting. After I am standing on it I'm ok but the pain is there just not as bad as when I'm off my foot. Please help this is starting to affect my daily life. I can't do daily cleaning or shopping even driving hurts.
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be slipped disc

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel ,Orthopedic Surgeon.

I have read the history and description of pain. Going by the fact that your pain increases on walking with burning and soreness in the foot , My diagnosis would be a slipped disc most likely L5-S1.

I suggest a MRI of the lower back, pain killers , muscle relaxants and a combination of pregalin + methycobalamin tabs. Physiotherapy would also help- like IFT and Spinal Extension exercises( to be taught by a physiotherapist).

Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.