I have a nickel size hard lump on the base of my right collarbone

I found a nickel size hard lump on the base of my right collarbone...I've never broken my collarbone n it isn't pain full just a little tender
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: lipoma or lymphnode Detailed Answer: Hello This lump can be either a lymph node or a lipoma (collection of fat). I would like to know few additional points. 1. Is there any change in color of skin above the lump? 2. Is the lump mobile, does slips on pressing with finger? If possible please upload a photograph of the area with lump. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better way of management. There is an option to upload photo on right side of query page. Please utilize it. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: I have a nickel size hard lump on the base of my right collarbone 38 minutes later
No discoloration I thought I had up loaded a picture. .not sure if you received it...but to answer your question. .no it's not movable ..has no discoloration..
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Meet a physician Detailed Answer: Hello I did not receive photograph. Going by your history and description, It appears like an enlarged lymph node. If it was a Lipoma, the lump would have moved. A fixed lump is a matter of concern, as it can be a cancerous or a tuberculosis lesion. Please meet a physician and get yourself examined. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you