I have a mild electric current sensation in my penis,

Question
I have a mild electric current sensation in my penis, no other symptoms. A few weeks ago I saw a urologist who performed an ultrasound , tested my urine and did a prostate exam. I mentioned the symptom to him and he said it was not serious but then it was a one time thing for a few seconds, today it is more frequent.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed evaluation is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
The abnormal tingling sensation can be due to nerve weakness predisposed by diabetes or other illness. Consult a physician and check your blood sugar level to look for uncontrolled diabetes.
The other possibility is something called “referred pain,” running from the tip of the penis all the way over to the prostate. Consult a urologist and get a detailed urological evaluation including ultrasound and MRI.
If everything comes as normal you can simply ignore this symptom as it quite common in middle aged men.
Wishing you good health
Thanks

Follow-up: I have a mild electric current sensation in my penis, 5 hours later
Can stress/anxiety increase the frequency of this happening ? I am not on any medications nor do I have any medical conditions.

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Stress and anxiety can aggravate the symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for followup.
Stress and anxiety can aggravate these kind of symptoms. Avoid unwanted stress and anxiety. Try relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
Wishing you good health
thanks