I have a lump (smaller than a pea) inside my

ENT Specialist
Question
I have a lump (smaller than a pea) inside my tongue. It doesn’t hurt and the tongue looks normal. You can only feel it when you press on my tongue with your fingers. What could it be?
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Mass tongue

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
Please send me the picture of the tongue and tell me if there is any deviation on protruding out the tongue?
Any history of tobacco chewing?
Any jagged tooth?
The lump you feel us hard or soft?
Is it compressible?
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: I have a lump (smaller than a pea) inside my 17 minutes later
I have never smoked or chewed tobacco. It’s a hard bump. No jagged tooth. I recently had another dentist fix a cap on a tooth and had to shove my tongue over some with gauze. Don’t feel like they hurt the tongue though. I’ll see if I can figure out how to send you a picture. But my tongue looks very normal. Nothing protruding or anything like that.
Follow-up: I have a lump (smaller than a pea) inside my 3 hours later
One other thing the bump does roll around a bit when you examine it. I left that out

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mass tongue

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
As the lump is hard and only palpable, it can be benign cyst or it can be a malignant mass. you should get yourself examined by an Ent specialist and get a Contrast enhanced Ct oral cavity done in case of doubt. The further management will depend on the test results.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards