I have a lump on arm above crease. Is there anything to worry about?

May 2013
I have a lump on left arm above crease to the right size of quarter? Has been there quite awhile anything to worry about?
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

The possible causes for your lump are:
Lipoma: which is a benign growth due to collection of fatty tissue under the skin.
Bone spur: It is a tiny pointed outgrowth of bone. It can occur due to local inflammation from arthritis.But rare to see on arm.
When covered with muscle tissue sometimes it can be mistaken to be a lump.

So you once consult general surgeon to get examined to find out the actual nature of the lump.
If needed you can go for FNAC or biopsy which will help in diagnosing the condition.
If the lump is found to be benign and not having any features like increasing size, pain, inflammatory signs etc then you can just wait and watch.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.