I have a large growth on my left testicle which is swollen and painful

General Surgeon
yes, doctor I have a large growth on my left testicle, very painful. I am also a diabetic, type 2. Now the same testicle left is sometimes swollen, but had a large growth on it and is very painful
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibly due to Epididymoorchitis Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Painful and enlarged Testis could be possibly be due to Epididymoorchitis- inflammation of the testis . If it's very much enlarged it could possibly be due to fluid accumulation occurring surrounding the testis known as Secondary Hydrocele. Exact diagnosis will depend on good clinical examination. Also you would be require thorough reassessment as any infection in body could affect the diabetic control. You would be requiring the following investigation 1. Complete Blood count 2. Urine routine and microscopy 3. Ultrasound and colour Doppler of Testis 4. Fasting and post prandial blood sugar 5. Glycosylated Hemoglobin (HbA1C) Further management will depend on clinical assessment, glycemic control and ultrasound report. I would suggest you to consult your Surgeon at earliest for further assessment. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: I have a large growth on my left testicle which is swollen and painful 2 minutes later
Thank you so Much Doctors, I have an appointment at the VA Clinic this week and I will relate to my primary doctor so I can be referred to the specialist. Again I am very Grateful XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wishing you a very happy and healthy life Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Wishing you a very happy and healthy life ahead. Take care Best Regards Deepak