I have a labia fissure. What cure and medicine is required?

Hi , I have a labia fissure , I have had one a long time ago and my doctor gave me something for it. I forgot what it was. Can you tell me what to use for it . I now live in Hawaii and I don't have a doctor here yet. Thank you. XXXXXX
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

labial fissures can be due to dematitis like lichen planus and lichen sclerosis.

You have to properly moisturize it by applying aloe vera ointment.

Clobetasol ointment locally is the treatment of choice

If there is itching then you can take levocetrizine tablet

If you get a chance it is always better to show it to a doctor and get investigations done like blood sugar F etc

Best wishes

I hope I have answered your query , if you want to ask anything else you are most welcome
Follow-up: I have a labia fissure. What cure and medicine is required? 3 hours later
I have clobetasol propionate cream 5%. I used for a rash I had on my chest. Can I use that? I though fissures were a bacterial infection. Isn't clobetasol a steroid. Shouldn't I use an antibacterial cream instead or antibiotics...? Sorry just confused. I truly appreciate your help. Thank you so much! XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 minutes later

Yes you can use the cream containing clobetasol dipropionate or propionate 5%locally as this is the right kind of treatment for vaginal and vulval dermatosis

It can be due to dryness also as you have crossed 40 so apply mosturising lotion along with clobetasol

Best wishes