I have a fleshy growth on my thigh with no pain and itchiness

I have a fleshy growth on my thigh about a 1/4 inch long 1/4 diameter, half inch below my R butt cheek, no pain or sensitivity like a wart only soft and plyable
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Lump
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Based on the information provided by you,it appears to be a skin tag ( achrocordon ). Such types of skin tags are harmless growths that can vary in number from one to many. Although diagnosis is easy by just visual inspection but if it changes in colour or bleeds or if diagnosis is in doubt,then biopsy may be done to rule out any cancer. People who are overweight or diabetic or who have misused steroids are more prone to develop these tags,however these can occur to any middle aged adult. Treatment is simple.It can be cut or tied off with a thread or even resorted to freezing or can be even left alone. You can consult a dermatologist for the proper diagnosis and further action. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks