I have a bruise under my 2nd toenail on my right foot

I have a ‘bruise’ under my 2nd toenail (next to my small toe) on my right foot. It’s been there a few months. I took some photos today and it looks like it has hair-like strands branching out from it. This week my middle toe on the same foot has an infection for which I’ve been given antibiotics. Do I need to concern myself about the ‘bruise? Thank you XXXXX
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hemorrhagic spot in toe bed ,need not worry Detailed Answer: Hi Iunderstand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . I have seen the attached pictures . You have two issues with your toes. Your second toe has developed paronychia which is basically an infection of the nail fold. You are presently on treatment for the same and taking antibiotics , so it should get better with time. The second problem is that of a hemorrhagic spot that you have developed under the toe nail next to the little toe. It must have developed secondary to any kind of trauma to the nail . It is not really a reason to worry since it might take months before completely disappearing . You can simply take oral vitamin c supplements once a day for its rapid clearance. I am sure this should be enough. You really need not worry too much about the hemorrhage. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: I have a bruise under my 2nd toenail on my right foot 5 minutes later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX this will save me time returning to my GP. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Best of health Detailed Answer: You are most welcome Take care Wishing you speedy recovery Dr Geetika Paul