I have a 3 week old baby can I do

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question
I have a 3 week old baby can I do a complete body oil massage?
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yeah sure, you can do massage

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking on this platform

You can do body massage if baby is more than 3 kg. You can use any oil like Olive oil, coconut oil, baby XXXXXXX oil or Himalaya whatever you want. Avoid using mustard oil as I have seen more incidences of skin allergies with same.
While massaging just take care that it should be gentle particularly when you are handling joints. Massaging helps in increasing the skin circulation and it also enhances the bonding with mother.
As the winter season is coming, also take care that the surrounding environment is warm so that baby doesn't get hypothermic(cold).
You can also give bath to the baby again with taking care that baby should not get hypothermic.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.