I have Prolapse and want to know when can i have hysterectomy

I am 64 years old. I have Prolapse and want to know how to know when it is time for me to have a hysterectomy. What are the symptoms?
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for using HCM, I would love to help Detailed Answer: the timing is surgery for prolapse really depends on the symptoms that it is causing. in general, it really depends on how uncomfortable you are with the symptoms of prolapse. as with all surgeries, one always has to weigh the risks and benefits. so if you are really uncomfortable, and it affects your quality of life, you should do the surgery as soon as possible to get relief. if the symptoms are very mild, especially if you have other illnesses that would make surgery XXXXXXX you can consider waiting on the surgery or not doing it at all. in order to make the right decision, since every case is different, you need to sit down with your doctor and focus the specifics of your case. also, many cases of prolapse can be repaired without a hysterectomy, but this is complicated, and you need to discuss with your surgeon exactly what type of procedure would be best for you. I how this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.