I had unprotected sex which was was dry. Got little burns and sores on foreskin of penis. Advice?

Question
I had unprotected sex it was dry and I got
little Burns after 3 days I got white sores on the foreskin of penis
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 35 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Areas of the skin and body heal differently. For examples lesions in the mouth heal with white lesions not the typical colour seen on the skin.The same with the penis,it may heal with scar tissue with a white appearance.

If you received minor injury to the penis during intercourse then this is how they would heal, this should take 5 to 7 days and should not be painful.The application of over the counter antibacterial creams would help speed up the healing process.

Other possibilities would be herpes but this would normally be associated with discomfort. It would start with redness of the area followed by blister like lesions that would subsequently burst to form small ulcers.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: I had unprotected sex which was was dry. Got little burns and sores on foreskin of penis. Advice? 20 minutes later
That makes alot of sense but I have a slight sore throut and I brought up some mucus it could be a cold what do you think

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, yes it is possible that it could be new onset of a cold. Sore throat can also occur in persons with post nasal drip or in some cases of severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) .

It is unlikely to be related.

Please feel free to ask any thing else

Follow-up: I had unprotected sex which was was dry. Got little burns and sores on foreskin of penis. Advice? 2 hours later
No I ment mucus in my throat like when you have a cold and its slightly swollen

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 12 minutes later
Mucus in your throat can be related to the common cold or can occur in persons with allergies.
In persons with a history of allergies and with a post nasal drip , the mucus can result in sore throat.

Sexually transmitted infections would not associated with these symptoms.

If you've had unprotected sex before and are worried about your status, which is natural for anyone, you might want to consider STI testing. Some of the sexually transmitted infections are actually silent in some persons- they may not have any symptoms of infection, for example chlamydia, gonorrhea and HIV

Please feel free to ask any other questions