I had suffered a concussion after hit on forehead. Feeling headache and nauseous. Any suggestion?

My son hit me in the forehead 4 days ago with a 7 iron. It was painful enough for me to go to the doctor the following morning. After a few tests (no X-rays or anything like that) he said I had suffered a concussion and to take it easy. I still feel like I have the worst headache and I feel like I can't remember certain things and I feel like I can't talk without sounding confused. I have felt dizzy at times and nauseous but no vomiting and I never blacked out. Should I get a ct scan or look into this further? My husband thinks I am acting normal, but a friend of mine mentioned today that I am just not myself...
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for somebody your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations here.

I have to recommend that you proceed to your nearest emergency room for evaluation. There is no reason why you should have these persistent symptoms. The main concern is that there might be some bleeding going on or some swelling inside your head which is leading you to develop these symptoms of pain and nausea.

In the emergency department they can perform a quick examination and possibly a CT scan to rule out any underlying abnormalities. There is simply no reason to wait.

Thanks again for submitting your question. If you have additional concerns please let me know.

Dr. Robert